lan serves as the Chief Financial Officer for ShotSpotter Inc. He was hired in 2017 to lead the company’s IPO process. Prior to his career with ShotSpotter, Alan served as a Managing Director of RA Capital, LLC, a boutique investment bank and as CEO of FIT Advisors, LLC, an M&A consultancy. For over 25 years, his tenured experience in private finance, mergers and acquisitions advisory, and advisory board & directorservices, places him as one of the leading executives at ShotSpotter, Inc. Alan currently serves as a Director for Round Feather Inc. and Ravenswood Solutions, Inc. and as an advisor for Calidi Biotherapeutics. Alan was selected as CFO of the Year in San Diego in both 2007 and 2013 (large private company category) and selected as BNY Mellon’s 2017 Advisor of the Year in San Diego in the category of “Deal Facilitator Greater than $25M”.
Alan received his BS degree from the United States Naval Academy. After graduating, Stewart served as a nuclear engineer on submarines for over ten years. He also received his Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance at Harvard Business School.
• Alan has grown revenue at a CAGR > 30% from 2016-2020
• Revenue growth from 2020-2021 is also guided at > 30%
• Revenue increased 44% to $15M for Q1 2021 compared to $10.5M of Q1 2020.
• Adjusted EBITDA increased 52% to $3.3M for Q1 compared to $2.2M in Q1 2020. Adjusted EBITDA Margin for 2020 was 26%
• Q1 2021 gross profit increased 42% to over $8.5M.
• ShotSpotter achieved financial results > that the Rule of 50% in 2020 (Revenue Growth + Adj. EBITDA Margin)
• Leading our ESG and DEI Initiatives which include using the technology to prevent Rhino poaching in the Kruger National Park in South Africa and reducing blast fishing which is ruining the Coral Reef in Southeast Asia
• Led the company’s investment in key infrastructure enabling a 100% WFH posture since March 2020
• Acquired LEEDS for approximately $20M in cash and stock – expanding ShotSpotter’s platform story and TAM
• Achieved a World Class NPS Score of 70
• Awarded as the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Winner in 2019.
• Awarded the AST Homeland Security Award for Best Gunshot Detection System in 2018 and 2019.
• Received the GovTech 100 Award for 2019.
• Certified as Great Place to Work from 2019-2020.